Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Journey to Cybage

Journey to Cybage.
It all started after i completed my Engineering in June-2007. In final year i secured 70.00%, and also my four year aggregate was not bad. I had secured first class. After completing my engg i was not able to decide what to do, i was just relaxing at home. But my DAD , whom i love most in this world told me that just by sitting at home you cant do anything so try some thing by going out of the well. So With lots of hope i landed up in Hyderabad to search for a good job. In the beginning i was thinking that it was a child's play and i can easily get a job. But by trying hard for about 1 month i came back home. Then also DAD told me that why dont you go for CDAC cos after talking to one of my Cousin brother he got to know that after completing the course the placement opportunity is very good. So after talking to so many friends i decided to come to Pune and go for CDAC.
In Pune i first met with Sagar who helped me here to get an accomodation and then we decided to share a room, he was staying with his uncle who was of the same age. But we were unable to find a good room, so he told me he would stay with his uncle only, and i decided to move in the flat in BVP which was shown to me by one of my cousins. On that flat i met with Ashish who works in Satyam and Lalit who is currently working in vmware. Both became my good mates and now also i meet them. Then i joined Sunil Dhadwe's class for Pre-DAC course where we were coached for the CDAC Entrance exam.
From here my new journey started, I met some good friends whom i will never forget in my life. I also joined Pankaj Gandhi's Aptitude classes and brushed up my Aptitude skills. After some time i cleared my PreDAC but not before an incident which totally shocked my life. I dont want to reveal that here but after that i was not in a position to do any thing in my life. But after the support of family i came back to pune. After that i came to pune and started preparation for the next stage of DAC, i chose the IACSD, Akurdi centre for DAC along with one of my college mate Ritesh. And got Selected for DAC.
The days in DAC were funfilled. I started learning something new there, apart from Studies. As Pre-DAC in DAC also i met with some good friends, who were helpful as well as good in Studies. Apart from Studies our daily schedule was to watch movies regularly and when ever we were bored of eating at the mess we used to hang out at a restaurant called Gayatree. The faculty was good; like Pankaj Jagasiya for Java, Nitin Ahire for English Communication and Vikas Namjoshi for Database.
After the DAC there was time for Placement for which each and every student of DAC was waiting. As there was less companies to come so there was hard to get a call for any company. First of all i like to say that we were 8 guys sharing room in a very odd place. I will rate them out of 10 according to their performance in DAC.Some people will not agree with the rating but it is purely based on my experience.

1. Ritesh Dhote - 7/10 (Technical was too strong, but lack of Aptitude and 10th percentage).
2. Sailandra Harsh - 8/10 (Same as Ritesh in performance but extra point for his dedication and programming in DAC).
3. Saurabh Singhai - 8/10 (Some one will ask me why you have given only 8 for this master, but as i have said that this is based on their performance in DAC, past records and knowledge. So my dear friends -2 for his laziness in DAC).
4. Peeyush Sakalkale - 8.5/10 (I will give him 8.5 because every one will agree that he is genious in C++ and also in Aptitude and also his examples on Operating System Concepts.)
5. Amit Jain - 8/10 (Master in Every point but lack of Communication)
6. Yogesh Chaudhary - 8.5/10 (Very hardworking and good in communication)
7. Rohit Kshirsagar - 7/10 (Excellent in communication but average in technical).
8. Pankaj Agrawal - ???? (You Decide).

So there was CDAC R&D to come on the first day and amongst us 4 members got the call for R&D, Pankaj,Saurabh,Ritesh and Sailandra. So we all went for our first ever interview , there was a benefit here -there was no Aptitude and Ritesh and Sailandra grabbed this oppurtunity with both hands and got placed on very first day of Placement. Saurabh was also very near to getting placed but bad luck, but there was more to come for him. As far as for me it was just a start of story there was a lot of more to come. For R&D i was out in first round only. On the next day there were three companies Cybage for developing, John Deere and Tata - INcat. To our surprise there was not a single call for Yogesh. he got very frustated. In Cybage i was out in first round that was Aptitude, it was very disappointing for me. For John Deere i had not got the call and for Incat to my surprise i as out in 2nd round of technical, it was really shocking beacuse it was one of my best technical rounds ever. So on 2nd day the happy news was the selection of Saurabh for Cybage, and rest of us all came back with disappointment. So the 3rd day there was Honey Well, Cordys and Geometric and yogesh was yet to receive a call. I got the call for Honey well and i cleared the Aptitude and also 1st technical but was out in 2nd technical round. Also Amit cleared the Aptitude in 2nd list but was out in 1st technical.Next day there was Aloha, Mansoft and Zeus waiting for us. There was sunshine for Yogesh and he got the call, On fourth day Rohit got placed in ManSoft because of his Communication Skills. So you can say that Everybody is getting placed only because of their Strong Points. So there were Pankaj, Peeyush, Amit and Yogesh left.
And this was what we call a true struggle began there were companies which were coming like nobody and selecting very few candidates companies like Opus, Saba, OTIS, Cuspion, On Mobile, Axis Bank , Monarch, Reflexis,Yardi etc.., are some of them,selected candidates which u can count on your finger tips. But there was luck to shine and it shined on 19th August, my birthday- when Cybage came for recruiting candidates for the testing department.Madhu arrived from Mumbai to celebrate my birthday and i too forgetting my tensions relaxed for the moment was glad to see her. Cybage was due at 4:30 and I came back after meeting her So on 19th Cybage conducted Aptitude and i cracked Aptitude along with Peeyush, Amit and Yogesh. So next day i.e on 20th August there was Techincal and HR. And i done it i was on top of the world because i had made it to Cybage. After me Next day it was Yogesh who got placed in ITS. And after some time Peeyush also got placed but not through campus and Amit after going back home also got in some good Company.
So Friends it was all about to get placed in a software company.

6 comments:

  1. wow that was nice...!! good job guys... thats good everything worked out in the end... good work...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Layal.

    Its nice to see that u read through the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx 4 sharing your xperience....
    I m candidate with poor academics in Engg.Can u pls guide me shall i go for CDAC??
    Where should i join preDAC?
    What is the criteria for getting call from different companies visiting 4 placements,I mean why yogesh couldn't get call during initial few days?
    Regards,
    TUSHAR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written and meticulous observations about friends. I thank you from bottom of my heart for writing this wonderful blog. i will rate you 10/10 due to positive thinking about your surroundings. sorry for late.... commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what are the exact packages you were all offered from these companies?

    ReplyDelete